MiDAS Driver/Assessor Trainer (DAT)
Course Type: Transport
Duration: 5 Days
Awarding Body: MiDAS CTA
Course Title: DAT Driver Awareness Training Courses
Our Instructors: All our Instructors are all fully qualified CTA Trainers
Funding: Yes, may be available depending on local government funding.
Outcome: MiDAS Certificate
- It is important that the candidate has good driving skills, an ability to pass on information in a clear, concise manner and has the ability to use a variety of training aids – overhead projector, power-point etc.
- Your organisation must be a MiDAS member. Membership is free.
- The course cost includes a MiDAS Trainer’s Manual, Drivers Handbook, up to date hand-out material, registration and certification.
- All candidates are required to pass a driving assessment prior to the start of the course.
- Other elements involved are a theory assessment and a 10 minute presentation – subject matter drawn from course
- Driving Assessment
- Driver fault finding information
- Demonstration and Commentary training
- How to structure on-road driving assessments
- How to conduct driving assessments
- How to highlight common driving errors and provide possible solution
To be able to facilitate classroom sessions that would cover:
- Legal responsibilities
- Passenger Safety
- Health and Safety overview
- Manual Handling overview
- Breakdown, Collisions and emergency procedures
- Presentation and Theory assessment