Manual Handling Instructors Course
Course Title: Manual Handling Instructors Course
Awarding Body: Auto Global Solutions & Partners
Duration: 2 Days
Objective: To enable individuals from commerce & industry to assess & perform manual handling tasks using the correct kinetic lifting techniques and to train the trainees in the work place.
Our Instructors: All our Instructors are all fully qualified Trainers
Funding: Yes, assistance may be available depending on your circumstances:
Outcome: The course will test the delegates’ theoretical and practical knowledge of the syllabus. All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded a Certificate for Manual Handling Instructors
- All Candidates must be in good health and free from Injuries which may be aggravated by lifting and aged 16 or over
- Minimum 2 and maximum 4 students per course
1. To identify the requirements by Law of:
- The Factories Act 1964.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Lifting Operation, Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
2. To train in the principles of human anatomy relating to the spine.
3. To Recognise and minimise the injuries to the spine due to incorrect lifting techniques by risk.
- Instructors Role and Responsibilities
- Common Lifting Errors
- Accidents Prevention
- Basics of Anatomy to the Human Spine
- Risk Assessments based on T.I.L.E
- Principles in Correct Kinetic Lifting
- Manual Handling Accidents
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Basic Lifting
- Light Load & Risk Assessment
- Moving Lifting
- Moving Load & Risk Assessment
- Team Lifting
- Dual Lifts & Risk Assessment
This also includes awkward loads, environment issues and hazard spotting.
- Levers, Pulleys, Ropes
- Mechanical Lifting Aids
- Specialised Techniques
Cost of Training Course
|Manual Handling Instructors Course||Cost|
|Manual Handling Instructors Course||£410.00 + VAT|