ADR Packages for Dangerous Goods
Course Type: Transport
Course Title: ADR Carriage of Dangerous Goods
Awarding Body: SQA
Our Instructors: All our Instructors are all fully qualified Trainers
Funding: Yes, Regional assistance may be available depending on your circumstances
Outcome: ADR Authorisation Card
- Full Initial course qualifies for 21 hours DCPC whereby registration fees apply
- Full Refresher course qualifies for 7 hours DCPC whereby registration fees apply
- Minimum Age of 17 years old
- Must be refreshed every 5 years
- ADR Course (Tanker & Packages) Duration is 5 days.
- ADR Refresher course (Tanker & Packages) Duration is 3 days.
- ADR Awareness Course (Warehouse & Loading) 1 day.
To train personnel who have a direct responsibility in the handling and transportation of hazardous substances, inclusive of liquids and packages. This now includes drivers of vehicles less than 3.5 tonnes and depending on the classification and quantity of substances, drivers of vans and light vehicles may also require certification.
Content of Course includes
CDG (road), ADR-IMDG & RID. Information in writing, e.g: Tremcard, Transport Document. Loading/Unloading Hazardous Substances. Contamination; Problems and Hazards, Segregation Legislation, Codes of Practice Regulation. Emergency Procedures.
Classes Covered: 2,3,4,5,6,8,9.
2. Compressed gases.
3. Flammable liquids.
4. Flammable solids.
5. Oxidising agents.
Costs for Tests & Training
|Practical Training Course||Cost ( excluding VAT)|
|Full 5 Days Course (Tankers & Packages, Classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)||£650.00 + VAT|
|Full 3 Day Refresher Courses (Tankers & Packages, Classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)||£510.00 + VAT|
|Full 1 Day ADR Awareness Course for warehouse & loading staff (Max 12)||£400.00 + VAT|