Large Good Vehicle (LGV) Category C
Course Type: Transport
Course Title: LGV Category C
Awarding Body: Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Certificate: Yes / Licence upgrade
Our Instructors: All our Instructors are all fully qualified Trainers:
Entry Requirements: Full Category B Car licence:
Funding Assistance: Yes, Regional assistance may be available depending on you circumstances
Outcome: DSA Category C licence
The training courses can be delivered over 2 or 3 days with a practical test at the end. The duration of the course can be determined at the end of your free assessment. The training programme will be structured to suit your individual needs and time constraints. The training can be carried out on a 1:1 ratio or 2:1 ratio. This will be the trainees’ decision.
Large Good Vehicle (LGV) Category C
If you are learning to drive a truck and intend to drive in a professional capacity in the EU, from 10 September 2009 you must have a new qualification, the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), in addition to your vocational licence. If you passed your car test prior to 1st January 1997 then you would require 35 hours periodic training.
All new drivers upgrading to an LGV must complete all four modules, anyone who passed their LGV licence before 1st January 1997 is exempt from Modules 2 and 4 but they need the periodic training which is 35 hours in class training over a 5 year period.
Module 1 – Licence Acquisition Multiple Choice Theory Test & Hazard Perception Test:
• Part one – multiple choice of your knowledge of the Highway Code.
• Part two – hazard perception looks at identification of hazards on a video clip
Module 2 – The Driver CPC Case Study Test:
Each Case Study is based on a real-life scenario that you may encounter in your working life, the case study method tests your knowledge and basic understanding by examining how you put your skills into practice.
Module 3 – The Licence Acquisition Practical Driving Test:
This test will be slightly longer than car driving test, to allow you to show the examiner how you drive in a wider range of situations and on different types of road.
MODULE 4 – The Driver CPC Practical Demonstration Test:
This is also a practical test, but it is only for new professional drivers who need to obtain their Driver CPC. It assesses your knowledge and abilities on matters of safety and security. For example, you will be required to show the examiner that you have knowledge of the following:
- Safe use of your vehicle and the checks that you should make on the vehicle before driving.
- Safe and secure loading.
- How to check that your vehicle is secure from criminal acts and trafficking.
- How to assess emergencies and risks.
What we can do for you?
- Assist with the paperwork for D2 application and D4 medical.
- We can arrange for medicals at a cost of £75 (VAT exempt).
- Arrange and provide the training for theory and hazard perception – Module 1 (free of charge).
- Provide you with the case studies – Module 2 (free of charge).
- Assist with booking practical test and setting up driver training course – Module 3.
- Assist with practical demonstration test – Module 4.
- We will book all tests online – with no booking fee charged for test.
We will stock all training materials required, which you can purchase.
Costs for Tests & Training
|Medical for PCV and LGV||£75.00|
|C-Truck – Multiple Choice Theory Test Module 1||£30.00|
|C-Truck – Hazard Perception Test Module 1||£15.00|
|C-Truck – CPC Case Study Test Module 2D1||£30.00|
|C-Truck – Practical Test Daytime Module 3||£115.00|
|C-Truck – Practical Test Evening / Weekend Module 3||£141.00|
|C-Truck – Practical Demonstration Test Module 4||£55.00|
|Practical Training Course||Cost ( excluding VAT)|
|C-Truck-Training Fees (4 Hours) 1 Day||£180.00 + VAT|
|C-Truck- Training Fees (20 HRS) 3 or 5 Days||£910.00 + VAT|
|C-Truck- CPC Practical Demonstration Training & Vehicle Hire Module 4||£170.00 + VAT|